Rhonda Ostrander-Cook is the Executive Director of E3 Achievement, a non-profit organization that focuses on education and literacy. She has over 20 years experience in management and administration. She and her husband, Dick have 5 young adult children - two of whom attended CCHS. She has served on the CCHS Board since 2013.
Terris Todd is the ECS Director of Community Action. He has served on the Battle Creek Area Learning Center board of education since June of 2015. Terris brings a wealth of educational experience to the board from his previous work at South Hill Academy in the Battle Creek School System. Terris is strong supporter of the Battle Creek Community.
Katherine Fox is a Program Analyst at the VA Medical Center where she has worked at for the past 16 years. She lives with her husband, Paul, in Battle Creek. Katherine began her service on the CCHS Board in 2011 as a Parent Representative and is a proud parent of a 2012 graduate of CCHS.
Chuck Crider worked briefly as a middle school teacher, and for almost thirty years as a probation and parole officer in Florida and Michigan, the last seventeen years as the Supervisor of the Circuit Court Probation Office in Battle Creek. He then served for almost ten years as the Director of Calhoun Community High School, from start-up until his retirement in 2011. He has three children and three grandchildren and lives with his wife, Mary, in Battle Creek, where he continues as a member of several boards and community groups.
2016-2017 Board Meeting Schedule (all at 5:30 p.m.)
- Oct.10, 2016 (Annual Audit)
- Nov. 7, 2016
- Dec. 5, 2016
- Jan. 9, 2017 (2nd Monday due to Christmas Break)
- Feb. 7, 2017 (Bldg. Lease and management service agreements review)
- March 14, 2017
- April 11, 2017 (3rd Monday due to Spring Break and MME/SAT testing in the 2nd week)
- May 9, 2017
- June 13, 2017 (2nd Monday due to time required to prepare for Annual Budget Hearing)
- July 11, 2017 (2nd Monday due to 4th of July week)
Board Meeting Minutes
Official minutes of the Board of Education are kept, and are available for inspection, in the Director’s Office.
- Feb. 7, 2017 - Regular Meeting
- Jan. 9, 2017 - Regular Meeting
- Nov. 2016 Minutes Amended
- Nov. 2016 Meeting Minutes
- Oct 2016 Meeting Minutes
- Sept 2016 Meeting Minutes
- July 12, 2016 - Special Meeting
- June 13, 2016 - Special Meeting
- May 25, 2016 - Special Meeting
- April 11, 2016 - Special Meeting
- March 7, 2016 - Special Meeting
- February 1, 2016 - Special Meeting
- December 7, 2015 - Special Meeting
- October 20, 2015 - Special Board Meeting
- September 14, 2015 - Regular Meeting
- August 3, 2015 - Regular Meeting
- July 6, 2015 - Annual Organizational Meeting
- June 15, 2015 - Board Meeting and Annual Budget Hearing
- May 4, 2015 - Regular Meeting
- April 13, 2015 - Regular Meeting
- March 25, 2015 - Regular Meeting
- February 2, 2015 - Regular Meeting
- January 5, 2015 - Regular Meeting
- November 3, 2014 - Regular Meeting
- October 6, 2014 - Regular Meeting
- September 8, 2014 - Regular Meeting
- July 7, 2014 - Organizational Meeting
Any person with a disability who needs accommodation for participation in these meetings should contact Jessica Reid in the School Office at 269-565-4782 at least five days in advance of the meeting to request assistance.