Rhonda Ostrander-Cook is the Executive Director of E3 Achievement, a non-profit organization that focuses on education and literacy. She has over 20 years experience in management and administration. She and her husband, Dick have 5 young adult children - two of whom attended CCHS. She has served on the CCHS Board since 2013.
Terris Todd is the ECS Director of Community Action. He has served on the Battle Creek Area Learning Center board of education since June of 2015. Terris brings a wealth of educational experience to the board from his previous work at South Hill Academy in the Battle Creek School System. Terris is a strong supporter of the Battle Creek Community.
Katherine Fox is a Program Analyst at the VA Medical Center where she has worked at for the past 16 years. She lives with her husband, Paul, in Battle Creek. Katherine began her service on the CCHS Board in 2011 as a Parent Representative and is a proud parent of a 2012 graduate of CCHS.
Chuck Crider worked briefly as a middle school teacher, and for almost thirty years as a probation and parole officer in Florida and Michigan, the last seventeen years as the Supervisor of the Circuit Court Probation Office in Battle Creek. He then served for almost ten years as the Director of Calhoun Community High School, from start-up until his retirement in 2011. He has three children and three grandchildren and lives with his wife, Mary, in Battle Creek, where he continues as a member of several boards and community groups.
Mr. Gilbert Ortiz is the Executive Director and founder of Community Fatherhood and a long standing member of the Michigan Fatherhood Coalition. Through his own life experiences, Gilbert knows first-hand how a child feels when a father isn't involved. His story has impacted other fathers that he serves through his organization. Gilbert has served on the CCHS school board since July of 2014.
Christy Chapin runs the Michigan Southern Swing program, is Co-Manager of the Certified Tourism Ambassador™ program and Manages the staff of the Battle Creek Welcome Center. She has lived in Battle Creek her whole life, has 25 years of customer service experience and a BS in Human services with a focus in management. She feels her true purpose and happiness, is her children. She and her husband Norm have six children between the ages of 21 and 17, the youngest whom attends CCHS. She started serving on the board in 2018.
2019-2020 Board Meeting Schedule (all at 5:30 p.m.)
- July 16, 2019 (Annual Organizational Meeting)
- Aug. 13, 2019 – CANCELLED, lack of quorum
- Sept. 10, 2019
- Oct. 8, 2019 (Annual Financial Audit)
- Nov. 12, 2019
- Dec. 10, 2019
- Jan. 14, 2020
- Feb. 11, 2020
- March 10, 2020
- April 14, 2020
- May 12, 2020
- June 9, 2020
- July 14, 2020
Board Meeting Minutes
Official minutes of the Board of Education are kept, and are available for inspection, in the Director’s Office.
- May 12, 2020 Draft Meeting Minutes
- April 14, 2020 Meeting Minutes
- Mar. 10, 2020 Meeting Minutes
- Feb. 11, 2020 Meeting Minutes
- Jan. 14, 2020 Meeting Minutes
- Dec. 10, 2019 Meeting Minutes
- Nov. 12, 2019 Meeting Minutes
- Oct. 15, 2019 Meeting Minutes
- Sept. 10, 2019 Meeting Minutes
- July 24, 2019 Organizational Meeting Minutes
- July 16, 2019 Regular Meeting Minutes
- July 9, 2019 Emergency Meeting Minutes
- June 11, 2019 Meeting Minutes
- May 14, 2019 Meeting Minutes
- April 9, 2019 Meeting Minutes
- March 12, 2019 Meeting Minutes
- Feb. 12, 2019 Meeting Minutes
- Jan. 8, 2019 Meeting Minutes
- Dec. 11, 2018 Meeting Minutes
- Nov. 13, 2018 Meeting Minutes
- Oct. 9, 2018 Meeting Minutes
- Sept. 11, 2018 Meeting Minutes
Any person with a disability who needs accommodation for participation in these meetings should contact Jessica Reid in the School Office at 269-565-2460 at least five days in advance of the meeting to request assistance.